Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DIY Keezer Build - HomeBrew Project

So I've decided -- after years of tedious bottling -- that I would venture into kegging.  This will be my log for the build: a 15cuft Chest Freezer "Keezer" that will initially host 2 taps/kegs, with room for 8 total taps/kegs to grow into.

I researched into several builds and decided upon the wooden collar, although with a twist that I've not yet seen on other blogs/sites.

To start, I found a used Fridgedere 14.8 cubic foot chest freezer for $120.  I then bought two 12x2 oak boards for the insulation collar.

Over the Thanksgiving break I'll begin the collar and post some pics.  It may take a while, but I'll use this blog post as the Keezer Build Thread.

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

MR.BEER® Home Brewing Kits. America's #1 Home Brewing System. Makes a great gift!