Sunday, October 14, 2012

DIY Table Tops - Convert your Patio Table in to a Rustic Modern Masterpiece


As a house warming gift I received a beautiful patio table, as seen below.  A gret table that anyone would be thrilled to receive; but it didn't quite fit in with the atmosphere I was going for in my backyard.  In a yard that was without any adornments (plants, structures, or furniture), I had made it my hobby to really transform it into a zen-like space.
I already had built some plant boxes that doubled as a long bench against the house from cedar fence posts.  Having some left over, I opted to construct a cover for the glass table.  I wanted to leave the table glass intact, just in case  I needed later, so my idea was to build a thin frame around the glass, without touching it, and then layer on cedar. I wish I had taken before/afters, and pics of the progress, but all I can show is the finished product.



And a shot from underneath, showing the glass and frame.



Just to match, I topped another table I had, although this one was just the base -- so it was much easier to fit with cedar.



And that's it.  I'll post some pictures of the flower box later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MR.BEER® Home Brewing Kits. America's #1 Home Brewing System. Makes a great gift!